2013 – Present | Website Coordinator
Bivar, Inc. | Irvine, CA
- Researched optimal URL page naming, META page titles and descriptions to use once the site(s) have transitioned from DNN 6.3 to version 7, since version 6 is limited with its abilities for directories, URL hyphenation, and page character limits.
- Performed SEO changes, improvements, and additions where possible within the existing DotNetNuke 6.3 CMS platform.
- Attended numerous meetings at the company headquarters in Irvine, discussing updates and changes to the Bivar corporate websites as well as changes that will be taking place on the Califia Lighting website once the site is upgraded to DNN 7.
- Designed wireframe mockups making the pages easier for visitors and customers to find the products they need to complete their projects quickly.
- Bivar was on page 55 of a Google search for what they sell worldwide, “light pipes”, when the job was listed(2013), since it was noted in job posting. A few years later with my help, they are on the first page of a Google search for many items they make and sell.
- Used: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, Firebug, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Trends, DNN CMS, Spinx CMS, and WordPress CMS.
2012 – 2013 | Webmaster
ProShot Golf | Irvine, CA
- Designed existing site while working for an old employer, was brought in to ProShot Golf in 2012 to help update the site to enhance and create the changes and additions that were needed, implemented Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools as well.
- Worked with 3rd party that made a custom video when implemented into the existing homepage with CSS to help gain new business.
- Planned for a new CSS front-end design built within the existing ASPX .NET platform.
- Created test pages for all of the new additions and changes within the CMS by modifying Master pages before going live.
- Made SEO improvements and additions where applicable to help increase target keyword and audience reach.
- Used: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, XHTML, CSS, Firebug, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and In-house CMS.
2012 | Webmaster
Vinotemp International | Irvine, CA
- Worked with the marketing team to perform all website updates, changes, improvements, and additions on the 10+ domains that the company owns which all correlate with each other.
- Modified and created several custom CMS-based ASPX pages as well as made adjustments to existing pages to help with SEO since the CMS that’s in use hinders SEO because of the page naming and directory issues that it causes.
- Took photos of products that needed to be added into the website and modified them as needed.
- Built and tested custom HTML emails in various email clients using Constant Contact to send.
- Designed and built several custom XHTML-based landing pages to use with PPC ads that were running on AdWords, which after 90 days resulted in the highest conversion rates over all of the past ads plus lowered the CPC for all ads.
- Used: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, jQuery, Subversion(SVN), Constant Contact, XHTML, CSS, Firebug, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Merchant Center, Google Webmaster Tools, and In-house CMS.
2011 | Web Designer
Ziptask, Inc. | Costa Mesa, CA
- Designed and built custom pages within the Visual Studio ASP .NET development environment using only CSS and XHTML.
- Performed Search Engine Optimization where applicable as well as suggesting fixes or improvements on the site.
- Designed print items such as business cards, gift cards, fliers, and direct mail pieces.
- Used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Visual Studio, Subversion(SVN), XHTML, CSS, Firebug, and Google Webmaster Tools.
2010 | Web Designer
HeyGoTo, Inc. | Irvine, CA
- Designed and built websites for clients using WordPress as well as in HTML and CSS.
- Built action pages and complete sites to achieve 1st page Google rankings for targeted key-words and phrases.
- Designed and created ads to be used for both online and in print.
- Assisted in SEO practices and techniques to help achieve high Google rankings on existing sites and new sites.
- Used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, WordPress, Firebug, and Google Webmaster Tools.
2010 | Web Publisher
Arbonne | Irvine, CA
- Helped with updating the Arbonne(United States) and Arbonne International(Canada, Australia, United Kingdom) websites.
- Part of a small team dedicated to the sole purpose of performing site-wide updates on all Arbonne websites.
- Implemented CSS styling to match the look and feel of approved comps within a very strict Content Management System while entering additional data as well.
- Used: Photoshop, HTML, CSS, Firebug, and In-house CMS.
2006 – 2009 | Web Designer
Web Advanced | Irvine, CA
- Was a key part of the Web Design team. Designed websites to match the branding of clients, and helped with making adjustments and additions to the HTML and CSS.
- Designed and created raster and vector logos for companies when needed.
- Flash Designer and Developer(Vector-based Design and ActionScript 2). Built interactive Flash websites and animations.
- In-house Search Engine Optimization Specialist.
- Did work for clients such as: Thermador/Bosch, Fleischmanns Vinegar, Meade Instruments, Niagara Water, Your Cancer Today, University of California Irvine, US Tile, Siliken, and many others.
- Used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, ActionScript 2, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, and In-house CMS.
2004 – 2006 | Graphic Artist
topLingo, Inc. | Irvine, CA
- Designed and built interactive Flash-based CD-ROM and Kiosk applications for client trade-shows.
- Designed numerous Graphical User Interfaces as well as banner animations.
- Performed updates and/or additions on sites when required.
- Started hearing about SEO while on the job and the prediction of how important is was to be, so then began learning it non-stop.
- Used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, ActionScript 2, Dreamweaver, HTML, and CSS.
- Advanced Google Analytics Certified
- WordPress installation and customization to match company branding and styling.
- DotNetNuke Content Management System(DNN CMS Versions 6&7) editing and additions.
- Excellent experience in the Adobe Creative Suite packages.
- Well rounded Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and Search Engine Marketing(SEM) experience.
- Photo enhancement, retouching, and manipulation.
- Successful working in groups as well as solo.
- Very good time management skills and experience working on multiple projects.
- Great ability to multitask in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Extremely resourceful, and always considering new approaches or ideas to achieve the most efficient solution.
- W3C Valid and Compliant XHTML and CSS publishing.
- Working experience with Subversion(SVN) to make and commit changes in a development environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
2001 – 2003 | AS Degree in Multimedia
Brooks College | Long Beach, CA
- 3.75 GPA.
- Graduated with Honors.